Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Over the Top

I recieved an award recently from 45+ and Aspiring.

I've seen this award, the Over the Top award, around the blogosphere, but never really knew what it was about.

I still don't.

I assume it has something to do with the 1987 Sylvester Stallone arm wrestling drama "Over the Top".

Which, by the way, is apparently a big inspiration and a huge favorite of a lot of people, including, surprisingly, a fairly large amount of the female weight-lose blogging community.
In any event, to 45+ and Aspiring: Thank you.

So, I don't care about the rules of this at all, so this will vary from some of these a bit.

Here we go:

1. Your hair? Salt and pepper. Admittedly more salt than pepper these days. My grandmother on my dad's side had completely white hair by the age of 18. I got my first grey hair at 12...thanks grandma.

2. Your favorite food? Sushi

3. Your favorite drink? In a different life, Bloody Marys. Today, H2theizz0.

4. Your hobby? Playing the piano.

5. Your fear? Dig this: when I was a kid I had some regular nightmares: monsters, Freddy
Kruger, the Gremlins. However, what is the thing that I had more, and scarier, nightmares about than anything as a kid? A huge fat man. I have no idea where that came from, but holy crap, it is a bit of a trip to think about how that was my greatest fear, even as a little tiny kid. How does that happen? *feel free to take peyote and discuss that one amongst yourselves.*

6. Something that you are not? Not awesome. (double negatives rule)

7. Muffins? I worked nights at a convenience store years ago as a second job. The manager bought muffins in bulk from Costco and then wrapped them individually to re-sell. When I worked I would ask the customer if they liked Costco muffins, and then tell them how ours were even better. I sold a lot of muffins and entertained myself.

8. Where are you from originally? Juneau, Alaska

9. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Anywhere, as long as I'm with my 6 years of health, and achieved and maintained weight loss and recovery.

10. How are you doing SoC? Wow, personal. Well, I'll tell you:

I'm excellent.

I'm blazing a trail.

Building on every little healthy action; every little healthy choice.

It's all coming together and adding up.

I can feel it.

10 comments:

  1. It is all coming together for you. I can feel it reading your posts.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Breaking all the rules for freedom of expression works for me! Thanks for the inspiration. (I don't know what the award is alla about either. . .nor do I know the movie! Some things are more fun to just roll with. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Building on every little healthy action; every little healthy choice.

    It's all coming together and adding up."


    Very nicely said! Congrats on the award... keep acting on those choices!

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    -Dayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your positive attitude. Reading your blog makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loosely based my life following the trail of Sly in "Over the top".... Just look at that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol at the mere mention of Over The Top. I'm a giggling fool now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to see that you're doing well. When we're both buff, we should get together and arm wrestle. That'd be Over the Top.

    You are rockin that scale. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you alright? Maybe just busy? Or on vacation? Been thinking about you, and hope all is well.
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete