I recieved an award recently from 45+ and Aspiring.
I've seen this award, the Over the Top award, around the blogosphere, but never really knew what it was about.
I still don't.
I assume it has something to do with the 1987 Sylvester Stallone arm wrestling drama "Over the Top".
Which, by the way, is apparently a big inspiration and a huge favorite of a lot of people, including, surprisingly, a fairly large amount of the female weight-lose blogging community.
In any event, to 45+ and Aspiring: Thank you.
So, I don't care about the rules of this at all, so this will vary from some of these a bit.
Here we go:
1. Your hair? Salt and pepper. Admittedly more salt than pepper these days. My grandmother on my dad's side had completely white hair by the age of 18. I got my first grey hair at 12...thanks grandma.
2. Your favorite food? Sushi
3. Your favorite drink? In a different life, Bloody Marys. Today, H2theizz0.
4. Your hobby? Playing the piano.
5. Your fear? Dig this: when I was a kid I had some regular nightmares: monsters, Freddy
Kruger, the Gremlins. However, what is the thing that I had more, and scarier, nightmares about than anything as a kid? A huge fat man. I have no idea where that came from, but holy crap, it is a bit of a trip to think about how that was my greatest fear, even as a little tiny kid. How does that happen? *feel free to take peyote and discuss that one amongst yourselves.*
6. Something that you are not? Not awesome. (double negatives rule)
7. Muffins? I worked nights at a convenience store years ago as a second job. The manager bought muffins in bulk from Costco and then wrapped them individually to re-sell. When I worked I would ask the customer if they liked Costco muffins, and then tell them how ours were even better. I sold a lot of muffins and entertained myself.
8. Where are you from originally? Juneau, Alaska
9. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Anywhere, as long as I'm with my 6 years of health, and achieved and maintained weight loss and recovery.
10. How are you doing SoC? Wow, personal. Well, I'll tell you:
I'm blazing a trail.
Building on every little healthy action; every little healthy choice.
It's all coming together and adding up.
I can feel it.